Wednesday, January 16, 2013

paper lanterns


     In art we had to think of a idea for what season shape and thing we would do for the design of out paper lanterns. While doing that we got to practice using an exacting knife to be able to cut the paper properly and to make cuts on the inside of the papers. I picked to do the season of winter since my book has a winter type theme this year. I thought about what. I would pick to do for my lantern while practicing cutting and I made a wolf with the practice paper so I picked to do a white wolf with wolves running a crossed the top of the paper. I thought it should look different from the practice one so I looked for pictures of some wolves and came up with a picture from the anime wolf's rain. After I cut it out I wanted to do something cool with the eyes to make them look scary and mad so I used red tissue paper with a small black paper for the pupil and instead of using white tissue paper for the inside of the lantern I used black which made it look like an eerie glow.





No comments:

Post a Comment